Project ID

During our regular hours at the Sanderlin Center, our volunteers are ready to help members of our community obtain Florida state IDs. We figure out each client’s needs and help with every phase of the process, from ordering paperwork to making that final trip to the tax collector’s office—and we pay all the fees.  You can reach the someone at Project ID in order to set an appointment at, by phone at 727-275-0836, and on Facebook at

The State of Florida requires a REAL-ID compliant form of identification in order to receive benefits and assets as a Florida Resident.

Did you know anyone over the age of 5 can apply for an ID?  Below are the requirement for obtaining an ID.

An original or certified copy of ONE of the following:

  • U.S. birth certificate. These are available at the clerk’s office in the county of your birth. Hospital birth certificates will not be accepted.
  • Valid U.S. passport
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad
  • Certificate of Naturalization, form N-550 or form N-570
  • Certificate of Citizenship, form N-560 or form N-561

Below are the documents required for Proof of Social Security:

ONE of the following documents (original only) with your complete name and social security number

  • Social Security card (with your current name)
  • W-2 form, typewritten
  • Paycheck stub
  • SSA-1099
  • Any typewritten form 1099

The following is required in order to prove Florida Residency.  It is important to note, your driver’s license or state ID is not valid proof of residency.

  • Florida voter registration card
  • Utility bill in your name
  • Work order to hook up utilities at your address dated within 60 days before your application
  • Florida vehicle registration
  • Car payment booklet
  • Current car insurance policy or bill
  • Monthly house payment coupons, deed, lease, mortgage payment booklet or statement
  • Current homeowners insurance bill or policy
  • Selective service card
  • Health or medical card with your address
  • Mail from government agencies, i.e. federal, state, county or city governmental units
  • Mail from financial institutions, including statements from checking, savings or investment accounts.
  • Transcripts of the current year from your school
  • Current professional license issued by a government agency in the U.S.
  • W-2 form or 1099 form
  • Form DS 2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) status
  • If you are currently not traditionally housed, a letter from a homeless shelter, transitional service provider or a halfway house stating they receive mail for the customer. A completed Certification of Address (Form 71120) must accompany this letter.
  • If you don’t have any of the documents which show your address with your name, you may provide two proofs of residential address from a parent, stepparent, legal guardian or another person with whom you live AND a Certification of Address (Form 71120).

Call for Appointment

Visit Community Partner Website