The Junior League of St. Petersburg is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community though the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. It’s purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. Through JLSP’s Kids in the Kitchen program, we partner with the Sanderlin Family Center to educate food insecure, school-aged children in South Pinellas County, promote child health & wellness, and encourage education in movement and exercise.
- Over 50% of all school-aged children qualify for free or reduced school lunches.
- More than 7,000 children are considered chronically hungry and go to bed hungry at night.
- Lesson about nutrition, food and healthy eating,
- Physical activity,
- Hands on investigation of food and food preparation, and
- Provides a “Take Home Bag” containing a healthy snacks and/or meal(s).